Monday, December 17, 2007

Two great places to get a sandwitch

This week was all about sandwiches. I found two amazing sandwich places: Tal Bagels and
University Deli.




Tal Bagels (5) Located on 58th and 1st, this deli has a delicious assortment of bagels, sandwiches, salads and desserts. I ordered turkey and cheese on a roll. They use boars head, which is always a plus for me. The meat and cheese is always sliced fresh from the machine. I hate when lunch meat is pre-slicked, it really doesn't have the same type of flavor. I cannot really pinpoint what exactly makes a sandwich from Tals so delicious, everything is perfect: the meat, lettuce and tomatoes are fresh and the rolls are incredible. I recommend this place for a good sandwich, but be prepared to pay at least 6 dollars. Tals gets a 5.


University Deli (5)
Located on 16th and 5th, University has excellent sandwitches and wraps. I ordered the Russian Wrap which is a green vegetable wrap consistent of avocados, muenster cheese, tomatoes and Russian dressing. It doesn't sound like much, but the wrap was amazing. I have never had a combination of avocados with muenster cheese and Russian dressing, but they all complement each other very well. I highly recommend this wrap, but like Tals, expect to pay at least 6 dollars. I give University a 5.

No comments: