Thursday, October 18, 2007

2 great places to go for a burger


This week I went to PJ Clarke's and Corner Bistro












PJ Clarkes (5) Located on 55th and 3rd, the atmosphere was cozy and old-fashioned. The service was fast and freindly. We only waited about 10 minutes for a table. I ordered a cheeseburger, cooked medium rare, and it was cooked great, not too rare, not too over cooked. The portion size was pretty big and the fries were very good. I paid 8.50 for the burger which included the fries. It was crowded, but overall, it is a great restaraunt, the food is amazing. I give it a 5.


Corner Bistro (5) Located on west 4th and 8th, the atmosphere was decent, not as good as PJ Clarkes, but tolerable. I waited in line for a table for about 20 minuties, but the line was right next to the bar, so it was easy to order drinks while waiting. The eating room is very small, only about 8 tables, but the tables were secluded by walls, which was pretty cool. The service was very fast once we sat down. I ordered a cheesebuger which was only 6 dollars. This cheeseburger was by far the best cheesebuger I have ever had in my entire life, I still cant beleive I only paid 6 dollars for it. I would even go so far as to say that it was better than PJ Clarkes. It was juicy and cooked perfectly. The fries were not as good PJ Clarkes, they tasted a little worse than McDonalds. I also orederd a long island ice tea that was only 6 dollars, and a beer that was only 2.50! I recommend you go to this place if you are looking for a good burger and some cheap drinks, just be prepared to wait if you go on the weekend. This place gets a well deserved 5.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

PJ Clarkes Burgers are soooo good! Good reviews.

Michael said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE PJ CLARKES!!!!I just wish their fries were better!!

Bianca the Food Guru said...

I absolutely love PJ Clarkes. The one thing I miss about the dorms is how close I was to it. Never heard of corner bistro. Definitely going to check it out!

Dee said...

I work right by PJ Clarks, I've never gone in because I always see old guys sitting at the bar and smoking outside. What time do you go where it was crowded? I'd like to get in and get out for lunch sometime.

Christine said...

haha yeah, there are always old guys smoking around the bar. I went around 6 on a Friday, so it was pretty crowded. I would say you should go for lunch on a weekday, it shouldn't be too crowded then.