Monday, October 8, 2007

Thai Food




This week's theme was Thai food. I went to Pooket and Spice, both were excellent.




















Pooket (5): Located at 50th and 2nd, the atmosphere was very cute. There was classical music playing, and alot of decorations and paintings on the walls. Its a nice place to go with family. The service was quick, and my server was very nice. I ordered the sweet and sour chicken. The portion size was huge and it came with a side of white rice, also huge. The sweet and sour chicken consists of chicken (obviously), green and red peppers, mushrooms, chopped pineappples, chopped tomatoes, onions, and another vegetable that I couldnt quite make out, I think it was string beans. The sweet and sour sauce was very good. It was perfect: not too sweet and not too overpowering. There was alot of sauce though, so you needed the white rice to balance it out. The chicken was cooked perfectly. The vegetables were great: very fresh. Everything had a lot of flavor. The food was incredible, and it only cost 12 dollars! I give this place a 5, and I highly recommend going!



Spice (5) I went to the location on 76th and 2nd. The atmosphere was cool, it was trendy (for lack of a better word). The lights were dim and there was techno music playing. It was a little crowded. The tables were very close together. The service was fast, and freindly. I ordered the siamese fried rice and an appetizer of golden fritters. (FYI: if you go there before 3pm, the appetizers are free) The golden fritters are basically chicken and shrimp wrapped in a fried dumpling with a sweet and sour sauce. They are absolutely incredible. I highly recommend getting this appetizer. The siamese fried rice consisted of rice, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and your choice of chicken or shrimp. I have had both, and they are equally amazing. I ordered the shrimp this time and it was very good. Perfectly cooked as always, and the whole dish had a lot of flavor. Its a great place to go with friends and its very close to school. I orderd the golden fritters, siamese fried rice and an iced tea and only paid 20 dollars, including tip. Spice gets a well deserved 5.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I love Spice but I like the one in Union Square better because it's a little bigger. Try the Thai Iced Tea there too...it's great!! I'm going to have to try out this Pooket place though...it sounds fantastic!