Monday, October 1, 2007

Burritos

This week I wanted to find a good Burrito so I went to Burritoville and Chipotle








Burritoville (5) I went to the location on 76th and 3rd. The service was very fast, and the burrito I got was amazing. I ordered the Border Burrito which is a vegetarian burrito that comes with beans (you can get black or pinto, I chose pinto) sour cream, chedder cheese, and pico de gayo. (I ordered it without pico de gayo). The tortilla was fresh, the beans had alot of flavor and were complemented very well by the sour cream and cheese. You get free chips and salsa with your order too! The chips were fresh and the salsa was amazing! I highly recomend the Border Burrito. I paid 9 dollars (including a drink) and I thought it was worth it. This place gets a well deserved 5.



Chipotle (1). I went to the one located on 27th and 7th. I hate to speak so negatively of Chipotle since I have heard so many good things about it, but I really hated the Burrito I got. I was hoping it would be good because I have heard the food there was amazing, but I really did not like it at all. I ordered a burrito with pinto beans, sour cream, chedder cheese, guacamole and rice. First of all, the food was so salty that it made me feel sick to my stomach. The pinto beans had bacon in them which was gross, and was not complemented well by the lime flavored rice. Bacon and lime just don't go well together for me. The cheese was really salty. The only thing that was good was the guacamole and sour cream, but you cant really make a meal out of that, so I threw most of it away. I had to pay 1.50 for chips that were also way too salty. All together I paid 8.50 and left very dissapointed. But I have heard from alot of people that this place was really good, so maybe I just ordered the wrong thing, or went to a bad location. I give this place a 1 becasue the service was fast.

7 comments:

Lulu said...

I agree I agree! I love love love Burritoville and am always confused why Chipotle seems to get all the fame. Another amazzzzzing burrito at Burritoville is their portobello mushroom and tofu burrito!

Jessica said...

I love burrito's and I actually love chipotle but I agree, sometimes you can get a really sucky chipotle that hands you mediocre burrito's... i'll have to try out Burritoville, I always see it but never know if it's any good...thanks for the review.

Michael said...

Oh that sucks...I usually have good things at Chipotle but I def not think its AMAZING..it's good not great!

Christine said...

lulu, Chipotle def. gets more hype than Burritoville does, and I really dont know why! I love mushrooms so I will have to try that burrito next time I go, thanks!

jessica, def. try burrtioville, but I dont recomend getting anything with chicken, I had it a while ago and it tasted weird. I would stick to the vegetarian stuff.

Mikey, you will have to let me know whats good at chipotle!

Dee said...

Sounds yummy! I only get burritos at Tex Mex places, didn't even know these places existed. lol

Thanks for the 411!

Bianca the Food Guru said...

I never tried Burritoville for definitely would love to check it out. I am a big lover of chipotle and I always get a veggie burrito, but I would suggest getting a burrito bowl instead. It's all of the good stuff without the tortilla. The tortilla is good..but it's way too much food. I'd say give it a second shot!

Christine said...

I will definitely try the burrito bowl next time, thanks!