Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Chicken Cesar Wrap

This week was all about the chicken cesar wrap. I went to America's Burgers & Wraps, and Wrap N Run.


Wrap N Run (2) Located on 62nd and Lexington, the place was not very crowded when I went in on a Monday at 4pm. The service was decent, it only took about 5 minutes to wait for my wrap. However, while I was waiting I noticed there were a lot of flies behind the counter which threw my perception of the place off entirely. I didn't want to leave since I already ordered my food, so I decided to stay. I ordered a Cesar wrap and only paid 4.75, which is pretty good for a wrap in the city. The seating area was pretty spacious, there were about 12-15 tables available. But when I sat down to eat, the chicken tasted like it had been reheated after sitting out a while, and it was difficult to eat since it had a kind of rubbery texture. The dressing, lettuce and tortilla were all excellent though, which is why the place gets a 2. The flies and leftover chicken did not sit very well with me. Honestly, I do not recommend this place at all.




America's Burgers & Wraps (4) Located on 68th and 3rd, this place is conviently close to school and great to eat at if you have an hour or so to kill between classes. It was pretty crowded when I went on a Thursday at 1:00. The line moves quickly though, and the cooks are very fast. There is not much room to eat inside, but there is an outdoor seating area that is huge, and very nice. The outdoor area is also connected to Brick Oven Pizza. My chicken cesar wrap was decent. Including a water I paid 8 dollars. The chicken was good, but it lacked a little in flavor. The dressing was great and the totilla was great as well. There were also crutons on the wrap that added to the wrap's flavor. Overall, I give the place a 4.

No comments: