Friday, November 9, 2007

Two great Italian restaurants on 2nd Ave

I went to Angelo's Pizza and Zucchero e Pomodori, both amazing and both located on 2nd Ave, relatively close to school.







Angelo's Pizza (5) Located on the corner of 54th, and 2nd, the place is called Angelo's Pizza, but offers a wide variety of dishes, not limited to just pizza. They offer appetizers, soups, salads, and pasta dishes as well as pizza. I ordered the fried calamari as an appetizer and the penne alla vodka for an entree. The waiter was very nice and immediately gave us bread, which was still warm from being in the oven. The calamari appetizer was excellent, (9.95). Not greasy or over done. It is the perfect appetizer to share with a group of people. My entree was amazing. (13.95). The sauce was perfect and the pasta was aldente. The portion size was huge, so I ended up taking half of it home, which was great! This place gets a 5. Undeniably one of the best penne alla vodka dishes I have ever had.







Zucchero e Pomodori (5) Located on 74th and 2nd,
This place offers in door as well as outdoor seating. I went on a Saturday night at 8pm, and did not even have to wait for a table. The indoor tables are a little cramped and there is not much privacy to a table, but the food compensated for the seating arrangements. The complementary bread was very good, it was one small loaf of white bread, and about 4 pieces of foccaia bread. I ordered the Linguine Alla Vongole (15.00). You can choose between red or white clam sauce, I chose white, which was amazing. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the clams were fresh and had a lot of flavor. I ordered a conoli for desert which was incredible. You are also given complimentary biscotti after your meal. It was cinnamon flavored and very good. I recommend this place, most definitely. I give it 5.

No comments: